[cairo] Font-related question...

Philip Schneider philip at pixologic.com
Thu Mar 21 13:20:40 PDT 2013

Greetings -

The doc for cairo_scaled_font_create() suggests that the font_matrix can be used to set the point size N (by making the matrix contain a scale of N). But there's also cairo_set_font_size, which seems to act to replace the matrix one has set in the creation call. If my application makes use of the same face, but at say 3 font sizes (10, 16, 24), would it be better to create and retain three separate instances (each at one of the three desired sizes), or just create a single instance and use cairo_set_font_size() whenever I need to switch between sizes?

Thanks!

-- Philip