[cairo] looking for critic/advice

First Last begre1929 at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 21:18:39 PDT 2013

Hi jonas,
> Um... gcc doesn't complain, but I assume your program is not doing what you want it to do?
no, everything works as it should be, but you know there is many ways to do something, some are more efficient than other, sometime I'm not convinced what I'm doing it's the best way, and it's the case here. I would like some critics about how I'm using my structure, if for you when I do some (* _mc)if it's look wise since I do many cast.

> Did you very recently start learning C
no, I'm fine with C (but not an expert too), as I said before, it's a matter of being more efficient

>Going with raw Xlib for a simple clock seems a bit overkill to me.
I'm writing a window manager, with panel,clock and some other things integrated. In my last mail I tried to be concise. If you want I can send the files, but you know since I'm starting to use cairo and xlib since few days only, it's look messy... for example I didn't yet coded the destruction for all surfaces and some others...

-Nicoo