[cairo] 4x4 matrices in Cairo

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Thu Nov 14 12:27:05 PST 2013

On 13.11.2013 14:15, AD wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Is there a way to use 4x4 matrices in cairo?

No. Cairo has to be able to invert the transformation that it uses and
projective transformations aren't always invertible. AFAIK / AFAIR.

> Or alternatively a may to decompose a 4x4 matrix into several 3x3 matrices?

Nope. I guess you will have to implement this part yourself. You could generate
the untransformed image with cairo and then apply the transformation "by hand".

> I'm trying to distort an image as in pic attached.
[...]

Uli
--
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?" -- A. P. J.