[cairo] [cairo-commit] NEWS

Bryce W. Harrington b.harrington at samsung.com
Fri Apr 18 12:36:42 PDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 08:42:24AM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 05:28:05PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >  NEWS |   88 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >  1 file changed, 88 insertions(+)

Hey, thanks for the feedback Chris!

> For features, try to explain why they are useful and when users might see
> a difference or would want to enable them. A useful techinique is to
> group them by core/backend, so that you can describe all the fabulous
> must-have improvements in a paragraph.

Gotcha.  I've updated the features section with your suggestions.
It could probably use additional improvements.

For API changes, I know there were a couple new calls added, but has
there been anything else?  Any structs changed?

> > +Bug fixes
> > +---------
>
> For bug fixes, always try to reference the bugzilla discussion or
> original bug report. Try to include how the bug manifests, so that
> people can scan the NEWS and see if contains the fix for their issue.

I've added the bug links where there were bug reports and improved the
descriptions to explain how they'd affect the user.  However, a lot of
fixes that have gone in don't have associated bug reports, and the
changelog entries don't have this info.

Anyway, updated patch to follow.

Thanks,
Bryce