[cairo] Release

Bryce W. Harrington b.harrington at samsung.com
Fri Mar 7 11:33:10 PST 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 10:30:57AM -0800, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> So, since no release happened since my last nagging, I like to give it a try
> next week.
> Who's available to help?  Also, I'm thinking about going for a 12.x instead of 14.


One of the changes that will be included in this release is a change to
bitmap downscaling.  Inkscape needs this fix strongly enough that
we'll be recommending (and perhaps depending on) this cairo release,
which I mention in case it influences the decision at all about 12.x vs 14.0.

> It's been 5 / 6 years since I last did a release.  Anything i need to keep in
> mind?  How broken is the test suite right now?  Which backends do I need to
> care about?

There's a ton of failures in the test suite when I run it.
I've not compared the count with the prior release though; test failures
have been high for a while, perhaps it's no worse.

I posted a bunch of distcheck fixes for feedback last week.  I'll go
ahead and land the ones that look most sensible and repost any that I
still have questions on.

The aforementioned downscaling fix appears to have had some performance
regression issue associated with it.  That's the only regression I'm
aware of in the codebase right now.


More information about the cairo mailing list