[cairo] Release

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 07:33:33 PDT 2014

On 03/07/2014 07:30 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> So, since no release happened since my last nagging, I like to give it a try
> next week.

Awesome, thanks for picking this up!

> Also, I'm thinking about going for a 12.x instead of 14.

1.14.x would make it slightly easier for downstream consumers, for two
reasons:

- Downstream distros (Fedora, Ubuntu) are already shipping git
  snapshots versioned as 1.13.x. Going back to 1.12.x would create
  more work for them and add to the confusion.

- New API: people tend to expect no API changes in point releases, so
  that they can switch back and forth between 1.12.x releases without
  recompiling, for example. cairo_surface_set_device_scale() is new in
  this release and that would warrant a 1.14.x release in my opinion.

--
Cheers,
Kalev