[cairo] PDF: Inconsistent rendering of hyperlinks

James Hall james.hall at pixel8ltd.com
Tue Apr 14 03:29:16 PDT 2015

Hi everyone

Just to note, I'm not sure this is specifically a cairo issue but I'm
hoping someone here has come across this before and can help...

We seem to be getting a strange issue where some very specific hyperlinks
are not working when viewing PDFs rendered by cairo. In particular the
problem seems to occur when text is drawn over a coloured rectangle which
acts as the text's background. Other hyperlinks in the document work fine.

After testing a few options it appears that links starting with http://
will work, however we have been told that this formatting is not acceptable
 for the PDFs we need to output.

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but if anyone has come across this or
anything similar before, even if it's not related to cairo specifically,
please let me know.

Many thanks

--
[image: me]