[cairo] How do I use an XRender Picture as a Cairo surface?

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 11:58:34 PDT 2015

If I create an XRender Picture using XRenderCreatePicture (), how do I use it in a Cairo surface? I tried using cairo_xlib_surface_create_with_xrender_format (), like this:

surface = cairo_xlib_surface_create_with_xrender_format
		(dpy, picture, screen, format, width, height);

Is this the correct way to do it? Can I literally just pass my Picture to this function to create a Cairo surface from it?

Regards

adlo