[cairo] How do I use an XRender Picture as a Cairo surface?

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 14:24:43 PDT 2015

> On 18 Aug 2015, at 19:13, Uli Schlachter <psychon at znc.in> wrote:
>
> Why do you want to use a picture instead of directly using the drawable?

I am writing a GTK2 program that gets previews/screenshots of all open windows. My program scales the previews and puts them in GtkImages.

CAIRO_FILTER_FAST gives rather low-quality results, but CAIRO_FILTER_GOOD is rather slow.

I wanted to try scaling the previews using XRender in order to find out if it is any better or faster compared to Cairo scaling.

Regards

adlo