[cairo] make return buffers more obvious

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult enrico.weigelt at gr13.net
Fri Dec 18 10:39:55 PST 2015

On 18.12.2015 19:29, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> Can const be used? Perhaps with a "#define const /*nothing*/" on
> compilers that don't actually support it?

Const is already used in many places, but we still have to look
more carefully than just the const modifier.

Im thinking of somthing like name prefixes, etc.

We also lots of functions which fill out / initialize some structures,
kind of constructors. I'd suggest those functions should always have
that return buffer pointer as the first parameter (some already have)

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt,
metux IT consulting