[cairo] Not outputting complex documents in cairo

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Thu Dec 24 19:03:51 PST 2015

On Fri, 25 Dec 2015 03:35:29 +0300, LRN wrote:

> So i was thinking along the lines of making some kind of template
> using external applications (editors), and then just using PDF, SVG,
> or PS backend to output the drawn parts ...

One quick way is to write it up using Markdown and put it through Pandoc
to generate PDF or whatever. However, it insists on putting “Figure 1:”,
“Figure 2:” etc caption prefixes.

RestructuredText may be another quick option.

Or for more elaborate formatting, you could look at ODF. I have written
Python code, using odfpy, to automatically generate ODF files for my
invoices.