[cairo] How to participating in delveloping cairo.

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Sat Jul 25 22:58:05 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 12:24:47PM +0800, zwcloud wrote:
> Hi there, I want to participate in delveloping cairo. What should I do first?
> Do I need to ask for permission from admin of the cairo project?

Hi, welcome.  No you don't need any permissions to contribute, just
start posting patches here to the mailing list for review.

There's a bunch of documentation about Cairo here:

    http://cairographics.org/documentation/

The process to follow for submitting patches to Cairo is the same
process that X.org uses:

    http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches/

Hopefully you already have some ideas of things to work on.  Otherwise,
the Cairo bug tracker is a good place to look for ideas of things to
work on.  Also, many tests in the test suite are still failing and need
analyzed and repaired.

Bryce