[cairo] Cross configure and compile

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Tue Mar 10 00:26:42 PDT 2015

Hi Ali,

Because you set PKG_CONFIG_PATH, you may already mind
about pkg-config behaviour. If you check pkg-config manual
page, you will find that PKG_CONFIG_PATH cannot prevent
the search of .pc file in the building environment (so
you should use PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR to replace it), and,
there is another environment variable PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR
which can manipulate -I and -L flags to fit the chrooted
environment. However, I don't know what kind of flags
are returned from the pc files in your environment, I
cannot tell whether it should be used, or should not be
used. Please check pkg-config manual page, what kind
of the flags your .pc files have, and how the configuration
fails.

Regards,
mpsuzuki