[cairo] Release 1.14.4 was not created from master branch. Is this normal?

qlb1234 qlb1234 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:54:30 PST 2015

Hi all,

I was trying to build GTK+ (which requires Cairo) since earlier this year
and have been waiting for a Cairo release that is "newer than 2015-04-14"
(says configure script of GTK+) and now 1.14.4 is released. But with the
latest release of Cairo, GTK+ still complains about my Cairo build doesn't
have the function cairo_win32_surface_create_with_format(), which is in the
header file /src/cairo-win32.h. I went on cloned the project and found out
that the release 1.14.4 was branch-ed off master branch back in 2014-10-14,
when 1.14.0 was released.

So my question would be, when will the latest changes of master branch be
released as a tarball/merged to the current branch of development?

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Wesley