[cairo] Image loading and caching

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult enrico.weigelt at gr13.net
Mon Jul 4 17:15:44 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

in my widget toolkit (*1), I've got a lot of images to draw
(eg. window decorations and buttons, etc). For now, I'm loading
the images again for each button, which of course is a waste of
resources.

So, I'm looking for a proper way for caching. The quickest approach
would be just having some global pointers to the image surfaces and

OTOH, it might be worth implementing that in a generic way, maybe
even in cairo or some cairo-extension library.

What's your opponion on that ?

--mtx