[cairo] What does it take to get a make check to pass with the xcb target, using CAIRO_REF_DIR?

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sun Jun 26 07:17:16 UTC 2016

Am 24.06.2016 um 00:26 schrieb darxus at chaosreigns.com:
[...]
> TEST: a1-bug TARGET: xcb-render-0_0 FORMAT: rgb24 OFFSET: 0 SCALE: 1 SIMILAR: 0 RESULT: PASS
> Testing a1-bug with xcb-fallback target (dev offset 0 scale: 1)
> Error: Created an error surface: invalid value for an input cairo_format_t
> TEST: a1-bug TARGET: xcb-fallback FORMAT: rgb24 OFFSET: 0 SCALE: 1 SIMILAR: 0 RESULT: FAIL
[...]

This test doesn't fail because the rendering is different from the expected
reference image, but because of the test caused the cairo context that was used
to go into an error state. This causes a failure no matter how the reference
image looks like.

> Xvfb :3 &

I don't know what the default screen size for Xvfb is, but I suggest to also add
"-screen 0 1280x1024x24" as an argument. Instead of a bit depth of 8 (just 256
colors!), you will then get something useful instead. This will possibly also
fix most (all?) of your problems.

Cheers,
Uli
--
<alanc> I think someone had a Xprint version of glxgears at one point,
    but benchmarking how many GL pages you can print per second