[cairo] Implementing another Anti-Aliasing Method

Evan Davis erdavis7 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 23:02:30 UTC 2016

This paper [1] describes a method for anti-aliasing which can produce
better output (to my eyes) with speed comparable to Cairo's standard
anti-aliasing or slower, depending on the filter used.  I am a novice
programmer, unfamiliar with the Cario codebase, but I wonder: could
this method could be implemented for suitable Cairo surfaces as an
alternative anti-aliasing mode?  What would I need to know to get
started?

Thanks,
E. Davis

[1] Manson, J. & S. Schaefer "Analytic Rasterization of Curves with
Polynomial Filters"
<http://faculty.cs.tamu.edu/schaefer/research/scanline.pdf>