[cairo] Change proposal for pycairo pages on cairographics.org

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Thu Apr 27 03:05:14 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:46:49PM +0200, Christoph Reiter wrote:
> Hey,
>
> with the move of pycairo to GitHub the pycairo website requires an update and
> it was suggested that I propose this on the mailing list.
>
> The update would affect /pycairo, /pycairo/tutorial and /pycairo/resources
> and would look like this:
>
> https://imgur.com/a/ycey1
>
> Since I use readthedocs for automatically building the documentation from
> GitHub, the official tutorial, API docs etc would move from
>
> https://cairographics.org/documentation/pycairo/

> https://pycairo.readthedocs.io
>
> Any thoughts, objections?

Could you please add a mention in the footer with the copyright
statement that the docs are covered under LGPLv2.1 and MPLv1.1?

Otherwise, it looks ok to me to point people to the readthedocs.io site,
esp. since that's getting to be a standard place for such things.  I'd
like to hear if anyone else has opinions?

I'm guessing maybe we used to generate the docs but freedesktop.org does
not appear to have sphinx installed, so the current pycairo docs appear
to be entirely just a static snapshot from 2011.

The links on https://www.cairographics.org/bindings/ may need to be
adjusted as well, btw.

Bryce