[cairo] cairo release 1.14.10 now available
bryce at osg.samsung.com
Thu Jun 15 23:21:27 UTC 2017
A new cairo release 1.14.10 is now available from:
which can be verified with:
(signed by Bryce Harrington)
Additionally, a git clone of the source tree:
git clone git://git.cairographics.org/git/cairo
will include a signed 1.14.10 tag which points to a commit named:
which can be verified with:
git verify-tag 1.14.10
and can be checked out with a command such as:
git checkout -b build 1.14.10
Features and Enhancements
* Clarify documentation regarding device scale inheritance and the units
used in cairo_surface_create_similar_image. Bug #99094.
* Fix error reporting in the xcb backend if fallback fails. Instead of
returning NULL when the X11 server can't do some operation, return a
surface in an error state.
* Call XSync in the xlib backend before setting the error handler to
ignore errors for certain requests, to make sure all pending errors
are handled first.
* For opentype fonts, always use gid to lookup glyph.
* If glyph 0 used for rendering, remap to different index.
* Set font size to em size when retrieving unhinted metrics.
* Flush ASCII85Decode file after use with Postscript files.
* pdf: Don't fail subsetting if unable to convert utf8 to utf16.
* For truetype, reverse cmap search should end when 0xffff- 0xffff range
* Fix bug in line wrapping with the PDF operators.
* Fix an off by one check in cairo-image-info.c.
What is cairo
Cairo is a 2D graphics library with support for multiple output
devices. Currently supported output targets include the X Window
System (via both Xlib and XCB), quartz, win32, and image buffers,
as well as PDF, PostScript, and SVG file output. Experimental backends
include OpenGL, BeOS, OS/2, and DirectFB.
Cairo is free software and is available to be redistributed and/or
modified under the terms of either the GNU Lesser General Public
License (LGPL) version 2.1 or the Mozilla Public License (MPL) version
Where to get more information about cairo
The primary source of information about cairo is:
The latest versions of cairo can always be found at:
Documentation on using cairo and frequently-asked questions:
Mailing lists for contacting cairo users and developers:
Roadmap and unscheduled things to do, (please feel free to help out):
Adrian Johnson (8):
cff: opentype fonts always use gid to lookup glyph
scaled-font-subsets: if glyph 0 used for rendering, remap to different index
ft: set font size to em size when retrieving unhinted metrics
ps: flush ASCII85Decode file after use
pdf: Don't fail subsetting if unable to convert utf8 to utf16
truetype: reverse cmap search should end when 0xffff- 0xffff range reached
pdf-operators: fix bug in line wrapping
Fix off by one check in cairo-image-info.c
Bryce Harrington (4):
Start 1.14.9 development
RELEASING: Sync doc from trunk
Start 1.14.11 development
Debarshi Ray (2):
doc: Clarify when the device scale is inherited and when it isn't
doc: Fix the units used by cairo_surface_create_similar_image
Uli Schlachter (2):
xcb: Fix error reporting if fallback fails
xlib: Call XSync() before ignoring errors
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the cairo