[cairo] Upcoming release schedule

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Fri Jun 16 15:25:38 UTC 2017

On 13.06.2017 19:06, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 06:17:48PM +0200, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
>> Bryce Harrington <bryce at osg.samsung.com> writes:
[...]
>> Any chance of having "stroker: Check for scaling overflow in computing
>> half line widths" in? It was reverted due to several assertions, I'm not
>> sure if only the asserts were wrong or the patch itself, though. I would
>> love to have that fix in 1.14 too :-) If we can help somehow just let us know.
>
> Yes, that does seem like an important one to include - in fact that's
> what got me thinking we ought to get a release out.  Unfortunately I'm
> not sure exactly what we should do to address the issues that got
> raised.

I remember the issue as:

- assert(x1 < x2) should be assert(x1 <= x2)
- someone should make sure that it really is just this change
- that someone is not me due to time

Apparently no one else wanted to look carefully at it, too.

> And... given the earlier issues showed up only after it was in
> the tree for a while,

Another side note: Making sure it does not regress the test suite would
be a good start. ;-)

Cheers,
Uli
--