[cairo] Getting Bezier Control Points from a Smoothing Function

cecashon at aol.com cecashon at aol.com
Tue Jun 20 18:29:21 UTC 2017

Hi Lawrence,

Lets say I want to draw a fish. So I work with a coordinate system and maybe use 0-1 or in this case 0-10 Cartesian. I sketch a general dot to dot sketch of my fish. Something to get me started. Then I can draw this sketch without trying to figure out where the control points might be. I can put something together quickly this way. Maybe, I can't quite get it how I want it doing this. At least I have the control points to work with. Here is a simple example of this approach.

Eric

https://github.com/cecashon/OrderedSetVelociRaptor/blob/master/Misc/cairo_drawings/fish1.c