[cairo] Fwd: 'Help' Can you draw a line with fixed line on the round value y e.g. 50.0 ?

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 20:52:42 UTC 2017

The problem is that the user almost certainly *does* want
anti-aliasing, as long as the lines are not horizontal or vertical.

Currently the only way to make this work is to make sure your line
ends are at the centers of pixels (ie add .5 to any integers).

There are vague suggestions that Cairo should do this automatically
with some sort of "hinting" mode. A very simple one that would match
many other drawing libraries is to have a line width of 0 turn on this
mode, but I think that idea was rejected by the Cairo designers.