[cairo] cairo_font_face_t not freeing

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Fri May 5 14:42:59 UTC 2017

On 04.05.2017 00:59, Louis M wrote:
> On 05/03/2017 05:54 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> If you pass it the same FT_Face, you will get back the same
>> cairo_font_face_t.
>
> Is there a way to disable this functionality. For example, if I want to
> show a preview of every font in the system. and then use this font in
> the program, I don't want every font in the system to be in cairo cache.

No and I do not think you should.

I'm not completely sure how this cache works, but I doubt that it "keeps
to things" indefinitely. It might even just be a most-recently-used
cache so that it only ever keeps one font alive - I'm not sure.

Cheers,
Uli
--
"Because I'm in pain," he says. "That's the only way I get your attention."
He picks up the box. "Don't worry, Katniss. It'll pass."