[cairo] OpenType font variations and cairo

Matthias Clasen matthias.clasen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 11:35:43 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 6:51 AM, Adrian Johnson

> Is the text string supplied to cairo_font_options_set_variations()
> likely to be generated by sprintf or is it always read from an external
> source in C locale format?

 You have a good point here. The string is expected to be generated
programmatically, as in this example here:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/demos/gtk-demo/font_features.c?h=wip/matthiasc/font-variations#n454

I need to fix that code up to use C locale as well.

> We really need a test case for this. It is hard to review code I can't
> test.

I don't disagree. As always with testing font-related things, the problem
is to find a suitable
font that can be shipped with the tests...