[cairo] OpenType font variations and cairo

Adrian Johnson ajohnson at redneon.com
Tue Sep 19 11:04:00 UTC 2017

On 18/09/17 01:03, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 1:12 AM, Adrian Johnson <ajohnson at redneon.com
> <mailto:ajohnson at redneon.com>> wrote:
>     I've attached a patch that refactors the float parsing code from
>     cff-subset into a new function: _cairo_strtod(). So you can now use this
>     for a C locale strtod.
>

> Yay, thanks.It might still be nice to apply the strtod_l patch on top,
> and only use that code as fallback.

-1. Just use the cairo_strtod all the time. We don't use non ANSI C
functions with #include guarded fallbacks in cairo. It adds to source
code bloat and one side of the #if won't get regularly tested.

> I've reworked the branch to include all these suggestions, if you want
> to have another look.

I pulled your latest changes (a827d7e5) and updated fontconfig to
Behdad's latest changes (ff5d57bd).

I'm getting a test failure running font-variations. The test log is:

axis Weight, value 19660800
axis CNTR, value 0
Axis Weight: not expected value (19660800 != 13107200)

I have tried both the otf and ttf version of the Adobe Variable Font
Prototype v1.003. Same result for both.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could the test be sensitive to my
fontconfig configuration? I am using Debian Stretch.

In font-variations.c, FT_Get_Var_Design_Coordinates() will need an
#include guard for FreeType >= 2.8.