[cairo] libcairo2-dev

Tadeus Prastowo tadeus.prastowo at unitn.it
Wed Apr 8 19:59:42 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 7:21 PM Anwar Moukaddem
<anwar.moukaddem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Bryce & List,
>
> I compiled steps to reproduce:
>
> GTK3+ recommends the following packages :
>
>         atk-2.26.1.tar.xz
>
>         gdk-pixbuf-2.38.2.tar.xz
>
>         glib-2.60.7.tar.xz
>
>         gobject-introspection-1.60.2.tar.x
>
>         gtk+-3.24.16.tar.xz
>
>         gtk-doc-mainline.zip
>
>         libcairo2-dev_1.14.6-1_amd64.deb
>
>         meson-0.54.0.tar.gz
>
>         pango-1.42.4.tar.xz
>
> We're only building/installing those, with their dependencies, on a fresh Ubuntu.   Nothing else.   So I'm sure other people are touched by this inconvenience, so your help is needed.
>
> Here are the steps :
>
> - installing fresh ubuntu ubuntu-18.04.4-desktop-amd64.iso
>
> - installing video card
>
> - package : python3.8-minimal
>
> - sudo ln -s /usr/bin/python3.8 /usr/bin/python

This is your own step.

> - package: python-pip
>
> - sudo rm /usr/bin/python
>
> - sudo ln -s /usr/bin/python3.8 /usr/bin/python

These two are also yours.

> - package python3-pip
>
> - Install meson (meson-0.54.0 )
>
> - sudo ln -s /opt/install/meson-0.54.0/meson.py /usr/bin/meson

Yours too.

> - package ninja-build
>
> - package git
>
> - package pkg-config
>
> - python -m pip install python-config
>
> - package python-setuptools
>
> - python -m pip install setuptools
>
> - package libmount-dev
>
> - extracting glib (glib-2.60.7) source code then running
>
> sudo meson _build
>
> sudo ninja -C _build
>
> sudo ninja -C _build install

These too.

> - package gtk-doc-tools, fontconfig, autoconf, dh-autoreconf, flex, bison, autoconf-archive
>
> - installing object is done by extracting gobject-introspection-1.60.2.tar.x and then running :
>
> *       meson _build                       *
>
> *       ninja -C _build                    *
>
> *       sudo ninja -C _build install       *

These too.

> - REBOOTING WORKS HERE !!!!
>
> - Now try install libcairo2-dev then reboot, the display doesn't work.
>
> You are still able to SSH into the machine, so I can definitely help you here.

Since you perform your own custom steps, then one of those may have
screwed something up.  What goes wrong, unfortunately, you have to
find out.

BTW, why do you need to perform such custom steps?

--
Best regards,
Tadeus