[cairo] Release management for Cairo

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Tue Apr 27 13:07:24 UTC 2021

Am 27.04.21 um 14:25 schrieb Emmanuele Bassi:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 at 16:55, Uli Schlachter <psychon at znc.in> wrote:
[...]
> For instance, run the image tests by themselves, to fail fast on the common
> baseline.

Adding CAIRO_TEST_TARGET=image to the env before running the test suite
already does that. This is just not used in GitLab CI currently.

[...]
> We can also annotate each test using a "suite", so we can skip tests that
> are known to be slow, and run them on the CI using a scheduled job (e.g.
> once a day) instead of doing that on every merge request.

Slow tests are already marked and I bet no one ran them in ages. They
certainly are not run on current CI. To mark a test as slow, it needs
the "slow" keyword in its CAIRO_TEST invocation, I think.

$ ./cairo-test-suite -h
[...]
  -a	all; run the full set of tests. By default the test suite
          skips similar surface and device offset testing.
[...]
  -s	include slow, long running tests

[...]
>> Does it make sense to do that before the removal of autofoo, just to see
>> what the current mechanism/mess is? If you already have a shell account
>> on annarchy, I guess that getting you added to the cairo group there
>> should be easy. If not, I don't know.
>>

> Yes, spinning up a 1.18.0 release that is basically 1.17 + current fixes
> would be great. I'll make sure to open merge requests for the build fixes
> in the tanis branch as well.
>
> After that, 1.19 can be opened, for more invasive changes.
[...]

I was rather thinking of 1.17.6, but whatever...

Cheers,
Uli
A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?