[cairo] rendering changes cairo 1.16 -> 1.17.4

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Wed Jan 13 11:06:38 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to debug test failures in the WeasyPrint test suite (which uses cairo
under the hood). The tests started to fail in Fedora rawhide around the same
time as cairo 1.17.4 was added to Fedora.

I attached an example rendering:
- table_vertical_align.png is the actual rendering with cairo 1.17.4
- table_vertical_align.expected.png is the rendering in cairo 1.16.

My question is: Does anyone have an idea what could cause these rendering
changes? Is there some new antialiasing setting enabled by default?

Please note that I'm not 100% sure that the cairo update is actually the root
cause but I got confirmation that others seeing these failures as well.

Thank you very much,
Felix