[Clipart] PASSFAIL Report

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Aug 3 08:07:33 PDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:14:14 +0300
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com>
> To: clipart at freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] PASSFAIL Report
>
> Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > Filename                                 Parse Title Authr Lcnse Kywds
>
> we have some submissions with .SVG extension (in caps). it appears that
> svg_validate ignore them (example:
> http://www.openclipart.org/incoming//flower.SVG).
>
> anyway, it appears that those particular files does not even have
> metadata, but perhaps the script should be improved to check them.

Is there ever any reason to want uppercase file extensions?

(I vaguely recall that sometimes windows did strange things if the DOS
filename was all in uppercase and would automatically show it with a
differnt case without actually 'renaming' it to lowercase)

Rather than allowing both could the script instead correct .SVG -> .svg?

- Alan