[Clipart] PASSFAIL Report

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Thu Aug 5 00:33:28 PDT 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:
> > Yes, that sounds like a good approach to me.  The work of
> > re-processing files is cumbersome, so being able to move previously
> > submitted files out of incoming would make that easier.
>
> The only trouble is, then the upload script won't be able to check
> filenames for uniqueness.  Then we could end up with files in incoming
> with the same filenames as already accepted files.
>
> I'm not sure what to do about this.

What we'll need is a smarter repository, that can keep track of states
for files, and that the upload tool can query for info about particular
files and authors.

For example, this needs to allow people to upload changes to existing
files (including renaming them or retiring them), possibly scoring of
files for various ratings such as quality, etc.

This is sort of what I'm hoping to shoot for with the DMS perl module I
mentioned a few weeks ago.