[Clipart] OpenClipart.org Advertisement Pattern

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Aug 6 13:29:42 PDT 2004

I had a cunning plan: create a pattern advertising OpenClipArt.org.

The way it would work is that a project -
like Inkscape - would inlcude a few small patterns (and maybe
gradients) including the "OpenClipart.org Advertisement Pattern".

The Pattern would include the text OpenClipart.org and try to inform users
about the project and where to get more.

The hope is that by including a message inside a pattern it will act as
easily discoverable documentation in exactly the relevant context
informing user how they can get more patterns.

It would also help if the pattern were well designed and nice to look at,
but you cannot have everything.  When I first thought about the idea I had
hoped I'd be able to use the OpenClipart.org logo but there is no logo yet
and I thought it was most important to convey the information in this case
(I apologise in advance for the questionable colour choices).  I'll leave
the aesthetic improvement to others to work on later.

Here is my example "OpenClipart.org Advertisement Pattern"
http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dev/jasc/webdraw/openclipart.org-advertisement-pattern.svg
The whole pattern is a link to http://www.openclipart.org/

Rather than crossposting I intend to take this suggestion to the Inkscape
list after getting feedback here first.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/