[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.05

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Aug 11 04:48:40 PDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:26:23 +0300
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com>
> To: clipart-list <clipart at freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.05
>
> Alberto Simões wrote:
> > We really need to create a repository for all the clipart, where we
> > can work together on it, as adding metadata and such. A CVS repository
> > would be very, very nice.
>
> i believe a web interface would be nicer - probably a solution could be
> a script derived from upload_svg.cgi for editing metadata

I've seen versions of LXR (possibly the one that used to be on
cvs.gnome.org) configured to display graphics (png specifically) to show
up normally in the browser rather than trying to show the source code.

Although good web frontend should be a priority, we do need some sort of
content management on the backend.  CVS might be overkill and make it
excessively difficult for many people to fix files but some sort of
version control would definately be helpful.

- Alan