[Clipart] legality

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Aug 12 18:35:56 PDT 2004

> agreed, this was the reason i NOT submitted the image but only sent the

Whoosh!  that was the sound of me missing the joke.

> BTW, i already have the first "derivative":
> http://www.kfacts.com/oooart/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=0

I find that seagull deeply disturbing, the artist would have done well to
do some squashing and stretching of the weasel (that sounds terribly
inapproriate but I mean distort the image).

> PS: i's sure you are aware that we have in our repository/releases logos
> for gimp, blender, firefox and even windows

I mentioned before that I thought they were innappropriate (the gimp and
blender logos i noticed specifically) and I thought we all agreed, so I
thought it was an appropriate references.

It leads me to wonder about some of the document icons.

I also mentioned my doubts about the Che Geuvera (sp?) picture being
legally acceptable.

I guess we need a "limbo" area for items that are in doubt to make sure we
do not ship them even if they are properly marked up with metadata.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/proj/OpenClipArt.org/