[Clipart] uploader problems

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Aug 17 17:15:24 PDT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:31:34 -0400
> From: Jonadab the Unsightly One <jonadab at bright.net>
> To: clipart at freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] uploader problems
>
> Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:
>
> [Excess junk after </svg> that looks like content-separator stuff]
> >> Indeed.  I can't tell for sure, but this looks like it could
> >> potentially represent a bug in CGI::Lite or else the file could
> >> have been corrupted before it was uploaded...  We should watch for
> >> this, to see if it happens repeatedly.
> >
> > this was happened before, see
> > http://www.openclipart.org/incoming//failed/flourish_three_lower_left_corner_01.svg
> > http://www.openclipart.org/incoming//failed/flourish_three_upper_right_corner_01.svg
>
> Okay, I think I know a way to work around this problem in the upload
> script.  Assuming there's no valid reason ever for anything to come
> *after* the closing </svg> tag (right?  Someone who knows more about

Nope sorry, many of my files include comments after the </svg> and i think
some one even mentioned that this is valid SVG.  (it was possibly in
releation to Bryces metadata tool).

Granted nothing vital is should be after the </svg> but it seems
like as good a place as any to put RDF (in the hope that crappier software
will ignore it).

- Alan