[Clipart] logo contest

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Tue Aug 17 23:22:30 PDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Tobias Jakobs wrote:
> > I think we agreed with the 15. Aug. as deadline. Can someone please put
> > all logo on a webpage, so we can compare them and start discussing them.
>

> what should we do with image submitted after the deadline? like
> http://www.openclipart.org/incoming//_diapo_logo_for_the_openclipart_library_01.svg
>
> i see the following options:
> a. accept them tacitly
> b. set a new deadline
> c. do not consider them for contest
>
> if a. or b. then i can copy the latest image in
> http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/OCALLogos

My suggestion:  Leave it for next cycle's logo contest.

I suspect OCAL will be getting logo submissions continuously, so the
best solution is to work with it, and every N months select a new one
from the ones submitted so far (never picking the same one twice.)
Just treat it as an ongoing effort, follow a standard process, and
plan to have the log change over and over again.  :-)