[Clipart] logo contest

Tobias Jakobs tobias.jakobs at web.de
Thu Aug 19 02:01:22 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> schrieb am 18.08.04 23:57:04:

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Tobias Jakobs wrote:
> > > I suspect OCAL will be getting logo submissions continuously, so the
> > > best solution is to work with it, and every N months select a new one
> > > from the ones submitted so far (never picking the same one twice.)
> > > Just treat it as an ongoing effort, follow a standard process, and
> > > plan to have the log change over and over again.  :-)
> > >
> > I think thats a very bad idea. A logo is important for a the project
> > identity, you can't change it every n weeks. We can make release images
> > for every release but not change our logo.
>
> Actually, I believe that was the approach adopted at the outset of the
> logo project.  I think the cycle selected was 6 months or a year.

Even if it was (Do you have a link?), I don't think it is a good idea to change
the logo regularly.

> > For the images submitted after the deadline we should accept them
> > tacitly.
> > Who decides? Everyone on the list and every who contributed to the
> > gallery.
>
> A process had been decided at the beginning of the logo collection
> effort, so that should be followed.

OK, no problem with that.

I think we should write more into the wiki:
http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LogoDiscussion

Tobias

WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten Bildern
Informationen unter: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021199