[Clipart] logo contest

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Aug 20 09:13:17 PDT 2004

> > as we do not provide an application, i believe we don't care very much
> > about the logo used as icon

i think we might later on and I'd rather play it safe,
and I also happen to prefer simpler more distinct designs.

> We will need it as  favicon.

I dont think we really need a favicon,
and i think it would be particularly bizarre if you did not at least use
PNG.  given that we are trying to support open standards it would be nuts
to use the Microsoft ICO format (it is also a pain in the ass to
reliably produce compatible ICO files without using Microsoft Software, I
have had terrible results using anything except Visual Studio to produce
favicons).

- Alan