[Clipart] Logo Voting Process

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Aug 21 15:56:48 PDT 2004

Hello, on the chat channel, Bryce, myself, MRDOCS and Tobias have been
discussing how to handle the logo selection.

I propose we use the INSTANT RUNOFF Vote system described with this
paragraph:

Instant runoff voting allows voters to rank candidates according to
their order of preference. If none of the candidates finishes with a
first-round majority of all the votes cast, the last candidate is
dropped and votes are re-tallied, with the second choices of the losing
candidate's voters added to the remaining candidates' totals. The
choices can easily be tallied by automatic scanners and computers.
(http://www.gpde.org/Issues/Election_Reform/Instant_runoff_voting.htm)

Basically, people should send an email to the list that lists their top
3 choices for logos. Everyone gets one vote.

I propose that the deadline for sending votes is Wed Aug 25 23:59:59 UTC
2004 to the mailing list. I will then after that deadline tally up the
winner.

Thus, any logos that are not in the browser need to get there by the end
of the weekend at least, as votes will probably start to come in
shortly.

Does this sound like a plan? Lets get this decision about how to select
a logo decided by the end of the day SATURDAY UTC.

After the logo is decided, then we can make final tweaks to the logo for
the site and it will be our standard for some time, unless contested in
the future. Thus, we really need to select a great logo. People have
been making great cases for the logo, so please read arguments. If there
are any arguments to be made for adoption of certain logos, then make
them now.

USA.PH.858.361.2811
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org