[Clipart] browsing clipart and titles for Nicu's art?

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Aug 29 19:56:06 PDT 2004

"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed at reedmedia.net> writes:

> The online browse webpages are great. Thanks to all who helped design
> that.
>
> I noticed at http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/Animals/Mammals
> that the titles for Nicu's clipart are wrong. They all say "Clipart by
> Nicu Buculei - contour_chipmunk"

This is not unique to the mammals only.  His titles in any given
category are like that.  I don't know whether this is something that's
getting misapplied at upload time, or whether they're just like that.
I tend to think the latter, since it is consistently one author's
contributions that come out like this.

It isn't really a big deal; the author can title an image whatever he
wants -- Jackson Pollock is (in)famous for meaningless titles; we know
who the author of Nicu's images is, and they're sorted into
categories, and we have the thumbnails for further differentiation.

No, I'm not suggesting we need clipart that looks like Pollock's art.