size of release sets (was Re: [Clipart] Open Clip Art Library - Release 0.06)

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Tue Aug 31 20:28:34 PDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Jon Phillips wrote:

> Yes, this would be a good task for someone to take on. Like nightly
> tarballs/packages that people can download/update their library to
> everyday. I guess we could add an apt/rpm repository that people could
> access to update to the newest clip art. Thoughts?
>
> Bryce, what do you think? How could this relate to DMS work?

If someone wants to work on setting it up, yeah, but I don't have time
to to set up distro packages myself.  I think there are more fundamental
things that need to get solved and problems to get worked out right
now.

If everyone could put in a few hours a week for the next month helping
the project in some way - even small things like editing wiki pages or
working on bug reports - it could get us into a much stronger position
for the next release.  I posted some critical projects the other day
that we really need people to take on - we'll certainly get them done in
any case, but if they can be solved sooner rather than later, then we'll
be able to get to these cooler ideas faster.