[Clipart] uploading error

jon jon at rejon.org
Mon Dec 27 07:41:08 PST 2004

Answers below...

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:11:22 -0500, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote
> Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:
>
> > i tried to upload a SVG image using the normal procedure, but
> > received "500 Internal Server Error" - this may be the cause we
> > don't have any submission this month?
>
> I still need to have a look at upload_svg.cgi, but as of right now I
> am still getting MITM-attack warnings when I try to shell into the
> server:
>
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
> @    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
> IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
> Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle
> attack)! It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
> The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
> 98:8c:99:a6:55:e7:1c:b9:dd:ce:ed:2a:32:21:45:57.
> Please contact your system administrator.
> Add correct host key in /home/jonadab/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of
> this message. Offending key in /home/jonadab/.ssh/known_hosts:2
> Password authentication is disabled to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks.
> X11 forwarding is disabled to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks.
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/jonadab/.ssh/id_dsa':
>
> It's very likely that this change is legitimate, and that I should
> remove the old key from my known_hosts file and proceed, but when I
> asked about it previously nobody was able to confirm that.
>
> I suspect that once I get shelled in, the error log will tell me
> almost immediately what the problem is.

Yes, this change is legitimate. You should remove their old entry from your
known_hosts file.

Thanks for taking a look at these scripts Jonadab!!! Maybe we can still
collect enough clipart to do an end of DEC release...maybe not though.

Also, could you look at the right hand sidebar and see why on the pages that
your scripts use, the incoming items are static and the links to them do not
work. I suspect because they are built onto the shell file, so maybe we should
come up with a good solution to this error.

Jon