[Clipart] OCAL identified by IBM as resource for Linux migrations

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Dec 28 00:27:23 PST 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> One of the reasons I myself put time into the project was because I
> wanted to be able to use Inkscape to produce Christmas cards, yet had no
> artistic talent.  This was also the motivation for doing the theme-based
> releases.  Sadly, due to the freedesktop.org compromise and my inability
> to get it back up and running quickly, the outage meant we could not
> collect Christmas clipart, so once again I had to resort to commercial
> bought Christmas cards this year.

i made about a month ago some (pretty lame) Christmas cards for
OpenOffice.org.usage: http://ooo.nicubunu.ro/winter/cards.html
to the end, nobody appeared interested and the cards were used by nobody.

the images used are either already included in OCAL or intended for
inclusion but not yet included because of the server outage.

[snip]

> For Christmas 2005, I want to be able to create all my own Christmas
> cards, with personalized phrasings of my own choosing, printed with Free
> art, and printed on good paper.  I have no idea how to do this, and in
> fact I don't even have a color printer, but I figure I've got a year to
> do it.

being a subscriber to the Inkscape lists i'm aware that you already know
that for the goal to produce high-quality greetings cards with Inkscape
is one important step needed: printing in Inkscape, we already have
everything else.

--
nicu