[Clipart] OCAL identified by IBM as resource for Linux migrations

Stephen Silver ocalocal at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 29 06:23:48 PST 2004

Jonadab wrote:

> The user interface of Inkscape is a *LOT* better than the UI of any
> freely available ttf editor I've ever managed to find.

That's no doubt true, but Inkscape was never intended to be a font
development tool and it lacks almost everything that such a tool needs
beyond the ability to create outlines.  Whatever its flaws, FontForge is
surely closer to being a good open source font editor than Inkscape is.
If you prefer to draw the outlines in Inkscape, you can save them as EPS
files and import them into FontForge.

--
Stephen Silver