[Clipart] uploading error

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Dec 29 07:00:45 PST 2004

"Jonadab the Unsightly One" <jonadab at bright.net> writes:

> 2.  There are some adjustments to the directory structure of the
>     release that I'd like to make, notably within computer/icons

Also, the flags will be sorted for 0.09, as follows:
 africa
 america
 asia
 europe
 oceania

A handful of borderline flags are in two categories -- for example,
three flags (Turkey, USSR historic, Russian Federation) are in both
europe and asia.  There is similar overlap between Oceania and Asia.
I put all the Mediterranean islands in Europe, along with everything
north and west of Turkey; Egypt and everything beyond it is in Africa,
and everything else in the Middle East went into Asia, including
Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, everything in Arabia and Mesopotamia
and the Persian Gulf area, and the nations of the Caucasus.  Mauritius
and the Seychelles I put in Africa.  Islands that hug the Asian
mainland coast (such as Japan and Sri Lanka) I put in Asia, but I put
Indonesia in Oceania.  Malaysia I put in both places, since part of it
is actually on the penninsula.

Also there are about twenty flags that I've left in the toplevel flags
directory, because they don't belong in any of those categories.
Mostly these are the various international flags (the UN and some
related organizations, plus NATO), some symbolic political flags not
tied to any particular entity (such as the anarchist flag), and a
collection of half a dozen pirate flags, plus the Christian flag.
I did put the historic Nazi flag in with Europe, on the grounds that
it was actually the primary flag used by Germany at one time.

There are also three flags tied to specific geographical locations
that aren't really in any of the above areas (two in the antarctic,
and Saint Helena), and I left those loose in the toplevel flags
directory too.