[Clipart] OCAL identified by IBM as resource for Linux migrations

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Dec 30 11:30:22 PST 2004

Well, I think we should start the focus on this for OCAL next xmas season,
however I can see how cards are needed year round. I'm not sure about providing
full printed cards however, as this requires manufacturing/assembly. I do think
that if you all are interested this should be added to the repository. Maybe
there would be a way to automate this process of making cards as well. This
might take the form as well as a wizard (template) for Inkscape (maybe an
extension).

However, I also think that OCAL needs to stay specific and on target with its
mission statement and I see how moving to developing cards and card automation
would be possibly a little far from the goal of the project.

But, this might be a good little sub-project to help drive OCAL's usage.

On a personal note, I find kinds totally annoying, but I think the best
sentiment is a personal one. I have started in my family to make waves in
noticing how generic cards are constructed now. I make all the cards I give out
and even have custom cut card stock paper and folded it and have envelopes ready
for the times when cards are to be sent out. If  you all are really interested
in this, I recommend we make a section on the wiki for this type of template and
how to automate the creation of postcards (as well as some templates with text)
for use in Inkscape.

Jon