[Clipart] Updates + Open Font Library + Raph

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Dec 31 19:59:49 PST 2004

"Jonadab the Unsightly One" <jonadab at bright.net> writes:

> Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:
>
>> Great, let me know if I can help on Saturday.  I'm going to be tied
>> up today (with Inkscape) and tomorrow (with holiday stuff) but will
>> be available some this weekend.
>
> I should have the release itself ready to go Friday, but there may be
> some additional small things that need doing.

In my home directory (on the server) is a directory called simply 0.09

This directory contains three files.  They took over six hours between
them to upload while I was at work (such is my bandwidth here), but
they're there now.

clipart-0.09-failed.zip contains the files that failed.  At least, I
think that it contains all the ones that failed, and I think all or
nearly all of the ones it contains are ones that failed.

The other two are the 0.09 release candidate in zip format and as a
gzipped tarball and are (or, should be, if I got the tar syntax right)
equivalent.

I am more confident that the zipfile contains what I think it does
than I am about the tarball, because it's been an aeon and a half
since I last created a tarball, and the tar manpage is doubleplus
confusing.  But I *think* I got the tarball right.

As far as the contents and the release process, it was a little rough
being my first time, but I _think_ I finally did get the process
pretty well ironed out and that what we have here is a usable release.

Somebody should check it and make sure it turned out alright, then put
it up for download, link to it, and install it for the browse script.
I think this is mostly stuff anyone in the clipart group can do,
assuming the server permissions are as they should be ex post outage.

If all is well, I should update the release process documentation on
the wiki next week (or perhaps tomorrow) from my notes.  I did have to
make a couple of adjustments from the cheat sheet -- notably, changes
due to the new directory layout on the server, and the additional step
we added last time of consolidating the directory structure.  Also, as
near as I can tell (?) svg_validate neither removes validated files
from incoming nor moves failed ones to failed, so I wrote an
additional script that attempts to parse LOG.txt and do the latter.