[Clipart] Two issues

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Dec 31 20:59:49 PST 2004

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
>>Felix Rabe wrote:
>>
>>>- I can't find my "bad guy" anymore :/ (the one on
>>><http://www.felixrabe.net/>.  Where have the new submissions gone?
>

> Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:
>

>>Actually, I think the most recent submissions have been pulled and are
>>getting packaged for this weekend's release. Can anyone confirm this?
>>I didn't move them.
>

> The former incoming directory is now incoming-pre-0.09
> So you can find those files here:
> http://openclipart.org/incoming-pre-0.09/
>
> This file should be included in the 0.09 release -- except, I just
> looked for it and can't find it there, nor in failed either.  It shows
> up in the log as having passed, though...
>
> I'll have to look into this.  (We in any case haven't *lost* it, since
> as noted it's in incoming-pre-0.09 and the worst case scenerio is we
> either include it next release or redo this release.)
>

>>>- On <http://www.openclipart.org/discussion.php>, you mention
>>><clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>.  Is the former synonymous?
>

> I don't know the answer to this.  The address I have been using, which
> seems to work fine, is clipart at freedesktop.org
>
> Incidentally, another minor wrinkle:  since the mv of incoming to
> incoming-pre-0.09 no new files have been submitted, either because
> nobody has tried, or because the new incoming dir that I created has
> incorrect permissions.  I attempted to make its permissions match
> those of the other directory, but they don't quite:
>
> drwsrwsr-x  2 jonadab clipart 4096 Dec 30 15:08 /srv/clipart.freedesktop.org/clipart_web/incoming
> drwxrwxr-x+ 2 bryce   clipart 4096 Dec 29 22:21 /srv/clipart.freedesktop.org/clipart_web/incoming-pre-0.09
>
> At first I thought the + maybe represented stickiness, but apparently
> it does not.  Therefore, I don't know what the + means, as I've never
> seen that in an ls output before.  Consequently, I don't know how to
> duplicate it.  So the question is, is this a problem?  (Oh, and:
> should I take off those s bits?)
>
> Oh, and also:  the reason this came up at all is because when I tried
> to mv the individual _files_ out of incoming into a new incoming-0.09
> directory, I didn't have the necessary permissions.  I did have
> permissions to mv incoming, though, so I did, and then
> mkdir incoming
> chgrp clipart incoming
> chmod g+rwx incoming

Yeah, test out a dummy svg and see what happens. I think you need to get the
incoming folder to have write access from sitewranglers. You should file a bug
on bugzilla.freedesktop.org if you can't change it back to writable with the
plus. I had problems with this previously. Maybe a better approach is to mv
incoming/* to a new folder that has the incoming-0.09 and just keep incoming alone.

Now, fd.o is pushing stronger security and I don't blame em.

1528 Alice St. Apt. #4
Oakland, CA, USA 94612-5004

USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org