[Clipart] borders for printing flyers, announcements

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Sat Jul 3 00:59:26 PDT 2004

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Riku Leino wrote:
> When talking about Scribus the current solution is the best I can
> imagine. After all Scribus is a dtp application which means that things
> you create with it are most likely to be printed on paper which then
> again most likely will be white. Having the page background something
> else than the paper color is a really strange solution. In preferences
> you are allowed to set the paper color what ever you want though.

Also note that the Inkscape and Scribus projects coordinate to try to
ensure cross-application compatibility, so if you like using one app,
the other should (hopefully) play well together with it.

> Back to the topic. In scribus one can easily create borders from a svg
> image. First import a svg image then just imported svg image selected
> select "Multiple Duplicate" from the Item menu choose a desired number
> of copies and for top and bottom borders set vertical shift to 0 and
> other way round. It's pretty simple this way. This could work as a
> temporary solution until the artists at openclipart will create their
> first borders.

Could you do us a favor?  Would you mind creating an example Scribus
template that uses a border like this, that we could include as a
"featured template"?  Our next release has the theme of "Food", so
something maybe think along the lines of something appropriate to a menu
or recipe card.  This would both serve as an example of how to create
borders using OCAL clipart in Scribus, and provide an additional item of
value for OCAL users.  :-)