[Clipart] General and Specific Meta-Data

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Jul 3 20:40:07 PDT 2004

Right now in Inkscape and OCAL graphics files meta-data is file wide,
yet how can we maintain meta-data for discrete objects and groups of
objects?

How can we have both the General/Abstract meta-data and then have
specific meta-data for discrete items and groups?

I wonder how we can have it so that when an object or collection of
objects is copied and pasted, imported and transformed, that its
specific meta-data (beyond specified graphics attributes) can be copied
along with itself (making a media object). In the future this will be
vital for algorithmic composition of graphics.

Thoughts?

Graduate Researcher
Visual Arts Department

PO BOX 948667