[Clipart] organize repository and access rights

"Áki G. Karlsson" aki at akademia.is
Tue Jul 13 17:44:16 PDT 2004

Hi

Been away on holiday. Nice to see the image browser working, with lots
of images in the categories.

One thing: Do we not want to avoid empty top-level categories? It seems
strange to click on a category and see nothing... except the
subcategories on the side.

Revisiting the categorization...

>star and heart -> or signs or festive (Christmas and 14 February)

There really needs to be a way to have the same image in several categories.

>House -> Houses (I also don't like it to be top-level)

But the houses are a "collection". Just a suggestion, but don't we need
to accomodate somehow the concept
of clipart collections of this kind, with a similar style/same author
unrelated to the image content?

>The RedHat... will we have the same issue as firefox logo?

Inexactly quoting Lauris Kaplinski: People involved in open source
projects seem to be more strung out out over
copyright issues than people involved in commercial projects... ;)

>Globes --> I think we need a "Geographic" category where we can put
>flags, maps, globes and such things.... landmarks, too, for example.

How about a simple "countries" or "world" category for the vast flags
collection... and the will-be vast maps collection?

>The Two walls and the cloud are icons for network diagrams. Maybe,
>Signs->Network?

I think it should be Computer -> Network

Best regards

Áki